How can we help?
We provide the following annual compliance services:
- Assistance with the preparation of annual accounts and trustees report.
- Audit work under Companies Act and regularity audit work as required by the ESFA.
- Assistance with completion and certification of ESFA Annual Accounts Return.
- Review of Budget Forecast Returns.
- Audit of contributions to Teachers Pension Scheme.
- Teaching schools – certification of grant returns to the National College for Teaching and Learning.
- Internal audit work for the Audit Committee.
- Review of compliance with Academies Financial Handbook.
We also provide tax and advisory services:
- Advice on corporation tax status of generated income and on establishment of trading subsidiary company if necessary.
- Employment taxes – advice and support.
- Financial due diligence in relation to schools joining a trust; or the trust which a school is proposing to join.
- Training for academy trustees, governors and members of Senior Leadership Teams.
- Conversion to academy status.
Here to help
How our academies team can assist:
- We assist and support schools during the conversion process.
- Advising organisational structure in a new Multi-Academy Trusts.
- Choosing a suitable accounting system and structuring the chart of accounts to make the production of financial reports and ESFA returns as easy as possible.
- Development of appropriate management accounts and other periodic financial reports.
- Support to the finance team as it develops necessary additional skills.
- Review and advice on financial regulations.
- Kreston International Academies Benchmarking Report.
As we are a member of Kreston International; a network of leading independent firms of Chartered Accountants from around the world, we are able to provide the most comprehensive benchmarking survey for academies each year. The UK Kreston firms provide advisory and compliance services to over 300 academy trusts and free schools.
Kreston Benchmarking Report
We are pleased to announce the 2019 Kreston Academies Benchmarking Report. This year the report includes over 350 Trusts representing nearly 1000 schools.
To receive a copy of the report in full, please email email@example.com
We will also be hosting Academies Benchmarking seminars in Wakefield and Sheffield in March. If you would like to book onto either of these events, please visit our events page.