Tax advice when you need it
Tax laws can trap the unwary and lead to unexpected bills and potentially substantial penalties. Therefore, it is vital that businesses take specialist advice to help minimise their VAT liability. We can help you with indirect taxes and VAT.
At BHP we offer indirect taxes and VAT advice on any and every topic, no matter how simple or complex, including:
- Property transactions.
- Charities and not-for-profit organisations.
- EU and international trade issues.
- VAT registration/de-registration.
- VAT returns.
- Partial exemption.
- Reviewing VAT assessments/rulings.
- VAT planning.
- Customs duty and other indirect taxes.
Our in depth knowledge of VAT is based on the experience gained by our VAT specialists both within Customs and Excise and professional practice. We give you the best possible advice, ensuring you only pay the VAT you are legally required to pay, and that you obtain all the reliefs to which you are entitled.
For more information, give us a call on 0333 123 7171.
VAT Reverse Charge for Construction Services – Seminars
HMRC’s VAT domestic reverse charge for construction services is due to come into force on 1 October 2019. The introduction of the reverse charge represents a significant procedural change and it is crucial that businesses understand exactly how it will operate. The new rules will potentially impact on cashflow for some businesses and we would recommend that all businesses in a construction supply chain make sure they are aware of the impact of the new rules.
We are pleased to announce a series of seminars in September 2019 to help you manage the changes. The seminars will run through the following:
- An overview of the reverse charge mechanism for construction services;
- When is should be applied;
- The resulting administrative and systems impacts;
- Impacts on the VAT return for sub-contractors and contractors; and
- We will also provide an update on the Construction Industry Scheme (“CIS”) and who is in and out of scope.
The dates for the seminars are detailed below, if you are interested in attending please book here