Expert planning advice
Considering the many changes introduced in recent years, it’s even more important for individuals to regularly manage their personal wealth. This should involve a review of lifetime giving and the distribution of assets on death. We can help with both areas.
Although changes have been made to the inheritance tax system it is still possible to take advantage of some of the valuable reliefs that have always been available, such as annual exemptions, small gift relief and gifts out of income.
Wills need to be made and regularly reviewed to ensure that family assets and wealth are passed down through the generations. We can advise on how best to mitigate the taxation consequences.
Trusts are a major tool for tax planning, offering flexibility in the increasingly important area of wealth management. But the complexity of the present trust and inheritance tax legislation can be daunting, to say the least. Our specialist team can help by offering a wide range of services and innovative ways of working. We deal with all aspects of trusts and estate planning, including:
- Trust advice, administration, preparation of accounts, distributions to beneficiaries and liaising with other professionals
- Preparation of annual estate tax returns
- Preparation of the annual trust tax returns
- Advice on distributions to beneficiaries i.e. level and frequency of distributions from both trusts and estates
- Assisting with the completion of HM Revenue & Customs forms for inheritance tax events
- Preparation of estate accounts
- Dealing with HM Revenue & Customs enquiries
For more information, call us on 0333 123 7171.