Reading Time | < 1 min

Online service for notifying HMRC of changes in circumstance

Share this article

It is now possible to notify HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) of changes in personal circumstances online instead of by letter.

The service enables notification of changes in job, address and personal circumstances via computer.

The notification can be made at any time of night or day.

The online form requires only a few minutes of time to complete and is much simpler than writing to the tax authorities, HMRC said.

Stephen Banyard of HMRC commented: “HMRC needs correct details on its system to help us give good and accurate service. Incorrect information can lead to problems – for example, customers not getting the right tax codes and overpayments.”

Once the online form has been properly completed, HMRC will send out an automatic response indicating the information has been received.

The new service can be found at