A multi award-winning employer
Do you want to work for an employer who is rated as one of the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to work for? We post all of our latest job vacancies here so please check back regularly. If you would like to make a speculative enquiry, please email your CV and covering letter to the HR Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why not shape your future by joining our 2022 Graduate/Undergraduate Training Scheme – Applications are now open!
BHP is a dynamic and exciting place to launch and build your career, so if you are a bright and ambitious Graduate/Undergraduate thinking about your future then BHP can help you on the road to success.
Whether you join us in Audit, Tax or Accounting, you’ll enjoy a powerful combination of on the job learning and structured training – not to mention an impressive client list to work with.
We are recruiting for trainee:
• Chartered Accountants (ICAEW or ACA Qualification)
• Chartered Tax Advisers (CIOT ATT/CTA Qualification)
What we can offer:
• Work with a firm voted into the Sunday Times Top 100 Companies to work for, with some great benefits
• Train with the region’s largest independent firm of Chartered Accountants
• Have the cost of your training covered
• Work with friendly supportive colleagues whilst gaining professional qualifications
If you are interested click here for more information.
School leaver / non-graduate roles
We have apprenticeship vacancies on our trainee programmes in our Audit, Accountancy, Tax and Digital Finance teams.
These are based in our York, Leeds, Cleckheaton, Sheffield and Chesterfield offices.
This is perfect for school /college leavers, or career changers/graduates who do not meet our graduate programme criteria.
We are looking for individuals with an enthusiasm for high quality service and a great work ethic. In return, you will have the cost of your training covered and work with friendly and supportive colleagues.
If you’re interested, click here for more information.
Corporate Tax Manager
Our Corporate Tax team are looking for a highly organised and enthusiastic Corporate Tax Manager to join their team.
Do you have enthusiasm, impeccable attention to detail and a proven financial understanding to work within a team of Tax specialists.
If so, we would love to speak to you.
If you are interested click here for more information.
If this sounds like the role you are looking for, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Audit Manager - All locations
Do you have the drive to lead and deliver audit assignments whilst ensuring exceptional client service?
Could you support the partner group on internal operations including recruitment, training and other strategic projects?
If so we are looking for an Audit Manager who can support the partner group in business development activities including researching, targeting and proposing for new contracts.
Professional Training opportunities
Would you like to:
- train with the region’s largest independent firm of Chartered Accountants?
- have the costs of your training covered?
- work with friendly supportive colleagues whilst gaining professional qualifications?
- work at a firm voted into the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, with some great benefits?
If you have a genuine enthusiasm for high-quality service and a great work ethic, why not apply for one of our professional training opportunities? Every year we take on our rock ‘solid’ trainees, graduates and placement students.
If you want to start your career and become a future BHP rock ‘solid’ star, click here for more information.
If you need any further details or would like to chat about our opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate Finance Executive and Corporate Finance Manager / Assistant Manager
We’re recruiting for a Corporate Finance Deal Advisory Executive and Deal Advisory Manager / Assistant Manager.
BHP Corporate Finance is an award-winning advisory team providing a full range of lead advisory services for corporates, management teams, investors, and funders. We specialise in every aspect of corporate finance. We’ve managed deals, sourced investment, developed growth plans and executed countless mergers and acquisitions over many years.
We’re also shareholders of specialist global mergers and acquisitions advisory group Translink Corporate Finance. Through this, we have strong personal connections with more than 600 experts in over 30 countries from around the world, including key markets in Europe, North America, Asia, and Australia.
To find out more about these two key roles, click on the links below:
If you’re the one for BHP Corporate Finance, apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Technical Analyst (Paraplanner)
Salary: Dependent on qualification and level of experience
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Location: Sheffield or Leeds
To work as part of a well-established, growing, multi-location Financial Planning team to deliver a
consistently high level of research, analysis and report writing.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, self-motivated and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to build good relationships and engage with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to prioritise workloads to meet strict deadlines.
- Confident, methodical, analytical, and articulate with a strong attention to detail.
- Excellent technical and product knowledge.
- Proficient in the use of financial planning tools and industry software such as Voyant, Analytics,
- CII Level 4 Diploma qualified, ideally hold or working towards CII Level 6 Advanced Diploma /
You will be responsible for the following:
- Liaise with product providers, examine policy information, and obtain client specific illustrations
and comparisons to support the analysis of data for client asset reviews.
- Undertake research both independently and with the Planner to identify suitable solutions to
meet the client’s needs.
- Produce clear, compliant, and technically accurate recommendation reports.
- Completion of pension, investment, and tax calculations as appropriate.
- Assist with the completion of annual platform and product due diligence as directed by the
- Work closely with the Client Services Team and Financial Planners to deliver a seamless, end to
end service for Clients.
- Develop good working relationships with product providers, technology suppliers, team members,
Clients and Advisers.
- Keep up to date with compliance and regulatory changes and maintain a high level of technical
knowledge through ongoing learning and continued professional development.
- Regular participation in team meetings.
- This role may include travel between our offices.
Please apply by sending your CV and covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Digital Finance - Bookkeeper, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Senior
We’re recruiting for three important roles in our Digital Finance team – from Bookkeeper through to Senior/Assistant Manager.
The Digital Finance team is based across our Sheffield, Cleckheaton, Leeds and York offices. We offer a total accounting solution to help businesses, including:
• Financial Accounting
• Tax & Compliance
• Technology Partnerships
• Bookkeeping, Payroll & Administration
• Business Financial Planning, and
• Virtual Finance Director Service
To find out more about each role, please click on the links below:
If you’d like to join our team, apply by emailing your CV to email@example.com
Sam Holroyd, Semi-Senior Accountant
I have been hugely grateful for the support I have received, both in my day-to-day work and progressions through the ACA exams. I have also enjoyed the opportunities to get involved in other areas of the business, including being an active member of the CSR Committee and helping new starters settle in.
Chloe Radcliffe-Scott, Tax Manager
I joined BHP in the middle of lockdown, so it was a challenge! The culture of the tax team and firm were a good fit. I was really impressed with the direct interaction from the partners - it all just made me feel like BHP was the perfect next career step for me. After six months with the firm, I was delighted to have been promoted to manager, which is an incredible highlight. The firm is very supportive in helping you achieve your ambitions and goals.
Nadeem Alam, Senior Accountant
I chose to work at BHP because I could see that it has such a warm and welcoming environment. Starting a new job can make you feel very nervous but everyone has been very welcoming in my first few weeks which made it easy to settle in.
In the future, I would like to achieve my potential and I believe this is possible at BHP because they encourage internal progression which is crucial for your development. After speaking to people here I know I made the correct decision to join this ambitious firm.