Assisting academy trusts as they become established as independent organisations
Our clients include stand alone secondary and primary schools as well as a number of multi-academy federations.
BHP is the perfect choice of accountants for academies due to its strong, well established charities team and an ever increasing experience of working with schools.
Philip Allsop, who leads the academies team, is an experienced school governor and he works closely with all of BHP’s academy clients, supported by teams in our various offices and by specialists from across the firm that can help to advise on complex financial areas including VAT.
Take your pick from our service range or take advantage of a fully integrated service offering to meet all of your needs.
During pre and post conversion process
- Assisting and supporting schools during the conversion process – helping you to establish suitable financial and accounting procedures
- Choosing a suitable accounting system and structuring the chart of account to make the production of financial reports and ESFA returns as easy as possible
- Development of appropriate management accounts and other periodic financial reports
- Support to the finance team as it develops necessary additional skills
- Review and advice on financial regulations
- Assistance with preparation of annual accounts and governors report
- Audit work as required by Companies Act and the ESFA
- Assistance with completion and certification of ESFA financial returns
- Audit of contributions to Teachers Pension Scheme
- Internal audit work for the Audit Committee
- VAT advice and support
- Advice on corporation tax status of generated income and on establishment of trading subsidiary company if necessary
- Employment taxes – advice and support
Call a member of our Academies team on 0333 123 7171 for more information as to how BHP’s academies team can help you.