Trustee Training Sessions 2021
The continuing COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for trustees to properly understand their duties, perhaps more so in the current climate than before. Charities have a duty to ensure that trustees are given adequate training and support to ensure that they can properly discharge their duties to the charity. Trustees also have to report on their trustee induction and training process in their annual report.
These informative and practical online webinars offer a comprehensive introduction for new trustees, as well as a useful refresher for existing trustees, ensuring they are fully aware of their legal and financial responsibilities as trustees. The advanced sessions look in further detail at some key responsibilities.
The speakers are Jane Marshall, Head of Charities at BHP who will present on the financial duties and responsibilities of charity trustees, and Catherine Rustomji, Head of Charities at Browne Jacobson, who will explain the legal duties and responsibilities of charity trustees.
Due to current circumstances, the seminars will all be delivered via Zoom.
The dates for our series of three seminars are:
- Introductory session – 13 April
This is an introductory session looking at financial and legal responsibilities and is aimed at new trustees or as a refresher for existing trustees.
- Advanced sessions – 13 May and 19 May
This session takes a more in-depth look at charity governance and financial issues.
Previous delegate feedback
- “I would recommend this Trustee Training seminar to Charities small and large; to recently appointed Trustees and those who have worked with their Charity for a number of years. The presentations are clear and focused with sufficient detail. The presenters are articulate and mentally agile in their helpful responses to a LOT of questions. A brilliant investment of 2 hours.”
- “The Chair and both speakers were all excellent and covered a lot of ground in a clear and easily understood manner. An excellent opportunity to reassess the impact of Covid-19 on our own charity.”
- “It is one of the best organised and most professional webinars I’ve attended. The content was exactly right for my needs.”
- “This is an excellent brief course which manages to cover all the key issues about financial and legal responsibilities of Trustees and answered thoroughly all the questions put by those attending.”
Who should attend
Trustees and those operating within a charity with responsibility for charity governance or financial matters.
How to book
This event is free to attend. To book your place, please use the relevant link below. Alternatively, if you require any further information please contact email@example.com or call 0114 266 7171.