Charity VAT and Tax update: webinar – 26 November 2020
26 November 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has forced many charities to change how they usually operate. There are opportunities for charities to work in a better way and think innovatively and this interactive webinar will look at how you can maximise your finances and think about initiatives and schemes available to the charity sector.
This session will give an update on the latest charity VAT and tax news affecting the sector. With a particular focus on giving practical advice about charity finance during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Topics to be discussed during the session include:
- Impact of COVID-19 on VAT recovery
- VAT update including reduced VAT rates
- Impact of Brexit on your charity finances
- Maximising income from Gift Aid
- Gift Aid claims for donations from cancelled events
- Gift Aid campaigns
- Corporation tax implications for charities and their trading subsidiaries
- Maximising creative industries tax relief
There will be an opportunity to put your questions to Rachelle and Simon during the webinar.
Rachelle Rowbottom, Tax Partner, BHP
Simon Buchan, Head of VAT, BHP
How to book
This event is free to attend for those who work for a charity.
To book your place, please click here.